Friday, June 3, 2011

Cakes

I did not make this cake - my brother did!  Didn't he do a great job?  He always makes the birthday cakes for his daughters.  This was for Kayleigh's 2nd birthday, she loves Elmo!
 I did make the rest of these cakes. 
This is a lemon chiffon cake with whipped cream and blueberries for my dad's 60th birthday.
 One of my favorite desserts - angel food cake with berries.
 I made this a few years ago for my friend's birthday. 
I think it was an orange mango cake.
 I can't remember when I made this!!  Maybe for Christmas morning at our church potluck. 
I'm pretty sure it's an orange cinnamon cake with icing and cranberries.
 I think red velvet cake is beautiful!  This was for New Year's Eve while I was still in Japan.
My friends were amazed at the color!
 This cake is definitely filled with Japanese flavors but I had to include it because it's so interesting. 
It may not look appealing but it tastes great!  It's a sakura (cherry blossom) chiffon cake with sweet beans and it was topped with whipped cream.
 Cherry blossoms and leaves.  The leaves have a lot of flavor.
 Sweet beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment